How about using a herb to create an interesting refreshing beverage, I have for you a lavender lemonade cocktail recipe. You can follow my step-by-step instructions, let us get started learning how to prepare this herbal beverage?
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. I have included a link to my affiliate disclosure for your convenience, I thank you for visiting Just Ask For Help.
Benefits Of Lavender
Before we get to this beverage recipe, I would like you to know some of the health benefits of the herb called lavender? Why would you want to use this specific herb, so read on to learn what this can do for you?
- Amazing scent & flavor
- Anxiety relief
- Stress relief
- Sleep apnea
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Skincare natural treatment
- Beautiful hair
- Heart health
- Digestive aid
As you can see lavender provides you many benefits, you can use this herb as a spray to keep your skin healthy? Women might love the results of using it for beautiful hair, and even better it is easy for you to grow in your own home?
Benefits Of Lemons
Now we come to our main ingredient lemons, you might be surprised at the benefits this citrus fruit will provide you? Let us just look at some of them, so read on if this interests you?
- Digestive aid
- Natural mild laxative
- Pures your blood naturally
- High in vitamin C
- Fever reducer
- Dental care
- Antiseptic benefits
- Weight loss natural aid
- Naturally body detoxification
- Infections of the throat
- Aids in blood pressure management
- Heart health
- Mental stress relief
- Healthy skin & hair
- May avoid kidney stones
- Anemia natural treatment
- Naturally boosts your immune system
Just look at all the benefits from these two ingredients of this beverage, one caution with lemons is they are extremely high in acid, so you should consume them in moderation? Another important ingredient in this beverage is vodka, so does this provide us any health benefits?
You might be surprised to find there are health benefits to consuming vodka in small amounts, we often only think of alcohol as providing us negative results from consumption? The key here is moderation, but as we all know this can be addicting to many of us?
- Topical disinfectant
- Relaxant & reduces stress
- Skin & hair benefits
- Improves your blood flow
- Heart health
- Fever reducer
- Thought to possibly prevent irritable bowel syndrome, people also have experience reduced symptoms from small amounts of vodka.
- Low in calories
- Herbal tincture ingredient
- Protects your body from the cold
- Oral health
Are you surprised this simple beverage provides such awesome health benefits, but remember moderation is the key? Drinking one or two per day is considered healthy, so be wise to limit yourself to no more to prevent addiction?
Best Lavender For Beverages
You will find the best lavender to use is culinary lavender, and this herb is easy and simple to grow in your own home? For those of you not into growing your own, I have some organic products that are good substitutes? These are especially recommended to be used for drinks, so I have listed them below for your convenience?
- Organic Lavender Flowers
- Anthony’s French Lavender
- Lavender Edible Glitter for Drinks
- Collins Syrup Lavender
These are four that are commonly used for adding to your beverages, you can find these and more by visiting any of the websites in my next paragraph?
Where To Shop
This paragraph will provide you some resources to purchase lavender especially made for drinks, so this will provide you a good start if you are interested in shopping for this herb?
- Monin Lavender Syrup
- Serious Sips
As you can see this herb is easy to find online, but I have provided you a few places to shop for lavender sold especially for cocktail beverages?
I am sure you are anxious by now to learn how to prepare this beverage, we are going to get started right now? First, you will need to know what ingredients you are going to need? That is where we will begin, I have listed them below for you.
Lavender Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 2-4 tablespoons of culinary lavender
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 8 lemons
- 4 cups of water
- 5-6 ounces of vodka
- Lemon slices optional
The ingredients above are what you need to prepare your lavender syrup and vodka lemonade, you will find this a very easy recipe that you will really enjoy?
Preparing Your Beverage
I am going to provide you step-by-step how to prepare this recipe, once you see how easy it is I am sure this will be your favorite relaxation beverage?
- You will need a medium-size pot to get started, you will just want to stir your water, lavender, and sugar together to start your lavender syrup. Stir your mixture until all the sugar has dissolved, now place the pot on your stove on a medium heat setting, keep stirring occasionally. After approximately 10-15 minutes your syrup should be slowly simmering, you will want to take it off the stove before it begins to boil. Allow it to cool at room temperature, I find using a mesh strainer to be an important tool to use. Using your mesh strainer, you want to strain your mixture into your beverage pitcher. If there are any lavender buds remove them, and you have just created your lavender syrup?
- Next, we are going to prepare the lemonade. We will peel 2 lemons and then juice all 8 of them, you will now add the lemon peels, lemon juice, and 4 cups of water into your blender. Another important tool you want to have to prepare this recipe, you are going to blend on medium speed for approximately 1 minute. Once the peels are extremely small and your mixture is creamy, you are ready to strain into a serving pitcher. Anything left in your strainer goes into your kitchen garbage, you are ready to mix your lavender syrup and lemonade into one pitcher.
- Now cover and chill in your fridge until it is ready, you will pour your lemonade into your glasses topped with approximately an ounce of vodka.
You now have an easy delicious beverage to relax and destress at the end of your day, I promise you once you prepare this once or twice it will be even easier for you to whip it up in no time at all? As tempting as it is to keep this recipe your own secret, I would appreciate you sharing this article with your family and friends.